Homeopathy is a system of medicine which pursues a holistic approach, seeking to treat whole being by triggering the body’s natural ability to heal.
Its defining principle is based on the law of ‘like cures like’ in which a substance that causes symptoms in a healthy person can be used to treat a person suffering with similar symptoms.
Another chief principle of homeopathy is that it regards each human being as unique, and the expression of disease is also unique in each individual. It proposes that there is a specific medicine for the patient who is suffering from a disease, rather than a specific medicine for a specific disease.
Who can be treated?
Homeopathic treatment is natural and safe, allowing everyone of all ages to benefit from treatment. Physical or psychological ailments are taken into account to obtain optimum health.
What do people seek help for?
- Hormonal imbalance: puberty, pregnancy, menstrual problems, menopause, Thyroid issues etc.
- Ailments from post surgeries and illnesses
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Emotional imbalance: Anxiety, Stress, Grief etc.
- Children’s illnesses and developmental issues
- Allergies: Hay fever, Asthma, Sinus problems etc.
- Digestive disorders
- Skin conditions
- It can be used as an alternative treatments for many conditions, or as a complement
- Low immunity: recurrent infections etc.
At your first consultation, your full medical history and family history will be taken as well as other relevant information to understand the exact symptoms you are experiencing.
The initial consultation will take around one hour and the follow-ups will take between thirty minutes and one hour. The length and frequency of treatments vary from one individual to another.
For more information about homeopathy, please visit Society of Homeopaths